Velocite Tenax-R Aluminium Clincher Wheelset
The Velocite Tenax-R Aluminium Clincher Wheelset are a result of ongoing development and rider feedback. The deep profile rim provides strength and aerodynamic performance while the new and improved environmentally Velocite Tenax sealed hub with 6-pawl engagement system provides a stable and reliable foundation.
- Advanced proprietary 6 series 20mm wide, 30mm tall alloy welded rims for ultimate strength and durability, weigh just 450g each
- CNC rim sidewalls with wear indicator, removable decals
- Self-locking alloy Alpina ABS nipples to prevent spontaneous spoke unwinding
- Low ductility Pillar PSR 14 plain gauge stainless steel spokes
- 20 spokes in the radial configuration on the front wheel, 24 on the rear with 12 radial on the non-drive side and 12 2-cross on the drive side.
- Velocite Tenax R hubs with environmental sealing, 6 pawl engagement and Shimano 11s compatible replaceable cassette hub body
- Replaceable, sealed cartridge bearings
- Handmade, stress relieved, individually QC certified
Tenax R wheels are a good choice of wheelset for riding or racing in wet conditions, and even climbing due to their very low weight.
At Velocite, they feel that they have delivered a wheelset that is not only suitable for training, but also for aggressive short course racing due to minimal rim weight (450g) and alloy nipples that minimise the rotational inertia. The easily serviceable, fully environmentally sealed Tenax R hubs complete the package.
High lateral stiffness. The lateral stiffness of the wheels is derived through three main factors: rim stiffness, hub stiffness, spoke bracing angle. The 30mm Tenax rims are lightweight, but also robust enough to handle everyday riding conditions in any weather. Similarly, the Tenax R hubs use oversize 69xx series bearings on the drive size and the cassette body and a 15mm alloy axle which ensure good stiffness and reliable performance.
Light-weight: The new Tenax R wheels are some of the lightest alloy aero wheels available and represent excellent value.
High durability and strength. To deliver optimal strength and durability we made several important design choices:
- the proprietary alloy used for the rims is 20% stronger than the common 6061 alloy
- the rims are welded instead of pinned, or sleeve joined which is more common
- spokes are cold forged Pillar PSR 14 with 350 kgf ultimate tensile strength
- hubs use oversize 15mm axle and 69xx series bearings
- the hubs are environmentally sealed to remain free of contamination even in wet weather.
- 11s compatible cassette body is replaceable and the ratchet system is easily serviceable
- Make: Velocite
- Model: Tenax-R Aluminium Clincher Wheelset
- Hubs: Tenax 10
- Spokes: Stainless steel round 20F, 24R 20 spokes in the radial configuration on the front wheel, 24 on the rear with 12 radial on the non-drive side and 12 2-cross on the drive side.
- Nipples: Self-locking
- Compatibility: 8/9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM
- Colour: Silver/Black
- Weight: 1515g
No posts found
WORLDWIDE SHIPPING IS FREE!
We will use either insured airmail, or EMS courier service depending on weight and size limitations and we will provide a tracking number which you can use here to track your shipment: Chunghwa Post Tracking Service
Delivery takes between 5 to 14 days depending on your location. Please contact us if you require a faster service as we can upgrade to fast courier service for an additional fee.
For the items that are in stock, we can ship them to you within 24 hours. If your order for items that are not in stock, we will advise you of when we can deliver, as soon as the manufacturer or a distributor informs us.
Please note that CT Sports International is not responsible for any import duties or additional expenses beyond the shipping costs to your nominated address.
PAYING FOR YOUR GOODS
All purchases are billed in TWD (NT$, New Taiwan Dollars). Alternative currencies shown are for your convenience only and may vary significantly from day to day. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of displayed non TWD prices. Thus please check the actual price in your currency by converting the TWD price shown for the product(s) of interest, before you make the purchase.
Credit card. We use the government owned National Credit Card Center of Taiwan to process the credit card payments. We do not store your credit card information on the Cycle Taiwan Shop site. To pay by credit card, select "Credit card" during checkout and follow the prompts. Please also ensure that you have your 3D Secure or Verified by Visa information ready as many credit card providers now require this information for online payments.
PayPal. We are a verified business member of PayPal, therefore all your purchases are protected by the PayPal guarantee! If you have or want to create a PayPal account, this is the easiest way to make a payment. Just select PayPal during checkout and you will be taken to the PayPal site where you will make your payment.
Every time you purchase something at Cycle Taiwan Bike Shop, you will receive reward points that you can use towards your future purchases. The points do not expire, and can be used to top up your cash payment, or to purchase products outright.
- You purchase a wheelset for $400. You have already accumulated 1000 reward points from your earlier purchases and choose to use them towards the $400 cost of the new wheelset.
- You submit 1000 reward points during checkout and instantly get a $20 credit giving yout the final checkout value of $380. An instant saving of $20!
Thus, keep shopping at Cycle Taiwan Bike Shop and gain instant rewards on all your purchases. To check your current points balance, please click here: Reward points records and balance